The Greek Yogurt makes all the difference in this recipe! You don’t even need an ice cream maker, in order to make this recipe, you just need your appetite!
- 2 large bananas
- 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt, full fat
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 3/4 T. real vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. organic honey
- Fresh banana slices
- Shredded coconut
- Chocolate sauce
- Crushed graham crackers
- Crushed nuts
Tip: Regular vanilla extract will affect the color of this dish. To prevent this, choose a clear vanilla extract instead. However, be sure to read labels carefully because most clear extracts are imitation.
- Peel and cut bananas into thin slices. Place banana slices in a plastic freezer safe bag and place in the freezer until frozen.
- Add yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla extract & frozen banana slices to powerful blender or food processor. Then blend until completely smooth. (If necessary, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the blender to loosen the mixture).
- While blending, drizzle in honey until thoroughly combined with other ingredients. Once blended, taste mixture & add more honey (if desired).
- Transfer contents of blender to a freezer safe dish & cover tightly. Place in freezer for a minimum of 4 hours. However, it’s best to freeze it overnight.
- To serve, remove from freezer & let sit on counter for 5 to 10 minutes to soften. Scoop into individual chilled serving dishes & garnish with slices of fresh banana or other favorite toppings.