You can roast these peppers in the oven or grill them in a grill pan. But if you grill them over charcoal or wood, that’s what brings out the best flavor & savoriness of the green peppers!
- 6 large organic red or green bell peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced (or 1 tsp. of organic & gluten free garlic salt)
- Zest of 1 large organic lemon
- Juice of 1 large organic lemon (use the same one that you zested)
- 1 1/2 T. organic red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. organic extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & organic black pepper, to taste
- Place the peppers on a hot grill (or a hot grill pan), turning them occasionally. Grill them until the skin is roasted & almost black all over.
- When cool, peel away the skin.
- Remove the core & seeds.
- Cut into 1/4″ or 1/2″ strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the pepper strips with the remaining ingredients. Allow to marinate (at room temp) for several hours before eating them.