The pairing of the goat cheese & cauliflower will make your tongue sing for more of this soup! It’s the perfect low carb lunch if you eat it with a salad!
- 1 large head cauliflower, rinsed & tough outer leaves removed
- 2 to 3 fresh garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, rinsed, roots & dried ends removed
- 2 tsp. organic dried parsley
- 2 to 3 T. water
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 to 4 c. organic chicken or organic vegetable stock, divided
- 4 oz. log goat cheese, cut into chunks
- Sliced green onions, green parts only (optional garnish)
- Cut up the cauliflower (stems included) into small pieces & place in a large colander. Rinse thoroughly under running water & let drain briefly when finished.
- Place cauliflower in a large, microwave safe dish with garlic, the white part of the green onions, & the dried parsley. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water & season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Cover container & microwave on high until the cauliflower is fork tender, approximately 6 to 7 minutes. *Actual cooking time will vary depending on microwave strength and the amount of cauliflower used. Test after 4 minutes and adjust cooking time accordingly.
- Remove from microwave & fill blender container nearly half full with the steamed cauliflower mixture. Add 1 cup stock to the blender & blend until smooth. (Make sure the blender lid is adequately vented to allow steam to escape before turning on the blender).
- Pour cauliflower puree into a large soup pot & repeat with the remaining steamed cauliflower mixture & stock until it has all been pureed. Then transfer it to the pot.
- Turn heat to medium & cook until the cauliflower mixture is heated through, about 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add the goat cheese & stir until blended. Cook another minute or two, or until the soup is uniformly heated. If soup is too thick, add additional stock to reach the desired consistency. If it is too thin, continue cooking until excess moisture has been reduced.
- Taste & season with additional salt & pepper (if desired). Serve immediately topped with sliced green onion (if desired).