Such a simple recipe to make! Yet once you eat it, you’ll be so glad you did, because the flavors burst in your mouth!
- 2 ripe organic Haas avocados
- 1 ripe fresh organic tomato, seeded & diced
- 1 large clove fresh organic garlic, finely minced
- 1 fresh organic lime, juiced
- 1 T. (+ extra for garnish) fresh organic cilantro leaves, stems removed & finely chopped
- Sea salt & organic black pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, slice the avocado from top to bottom, cutting all the way around the fruit. Place the avocado in the palm of your non-dominant hand & gently the top half clockwise until it easily separates into two pieces.
- To remove the seed, “whack” the seed with your sharp knife so the blade sticks into it. Gently turn the knife until the seed pops out.
- To dice, score the avocado while still in its skin by cutting equally sized slices from top to bottom. Then, rotate 90 degrees & do the same thing going side to side. This combination of horizontal & vertical cuts will give you equal sized chunks of diced avocado.
- To remove from skin, take a spoon & gently scrape all on the bottom of the flesh (where it meets the skin) until all your diced chunks are removed.
- Place diced avocado in bowl. Add diced tomato, garlic, lime juice & fresh cilantro to bowl. Combine gently with a fork. You don’t want to mush it all together! You want to have a few chunks of avocado, remaining in your bowl, after you’ve combined everything together. Season with salt, pepper & additional lime juice (if desired).
- Serve with favorite Mexican entrees, or on its own with crunchy organic & gluten free tortilla chips.