Need a supper meal that’s healthy & easy & quick to prepare? Oh, did I forget to mention that it’s pretty tasty, too? There’s only five main ingredients in this recipe, so you’ll be saving money on your meal, too!
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 – 4 oz. boneless pork chops
- 1/2 c. chicken broth, (organic if you can get and/or afford them)
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 T. fresh chives (or the green part of green onions), finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Additional fresh chives (or the green part of green onions), finely chopped, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy duty skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops (if desired) on each side with salt and pepper and add to preheated skillet. Brown pork chops on each side, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove pork chops from pan and set aside on a rimmed dish to collect juices.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken broth & cream cheese to the skillet. Gently scrape bottom of pan to loosen brown bits and continue stirring until the cheese is completely melted, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add juices from the plate holding the pork chops to the skillet. Stir to combine liquids, then add pork chops.
- Cook for 1-2 additional minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chopped chives.
- Transfer the pork chops to individual serving plates and top with Dreamy Creamy pan sauce. Garnish with additional chives (or the green part of green onions), if desired, and serve immediately with your choice of sides.