Blackberry Iced Tea
What a thirst quencher on a hot day! This is an Instapot recipe & that means it’s made much faster than traditional iced tea. That’s a win-win for you!
- 8 c. water
- 6 black tea bags (preferably organic), paper tags removed
- 1 1/2 c. fresh blackberries, divided
- 2 T. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 c. honey (preferably local)
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh basil sprigs
- Add water, tea bags & a 1/2 cup blackberries to Instapot and stir to combine. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 5 minutes.
- While the tea is brewing, add remaining blackberries, basil, honey & water to saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, gently pressing on the blackberries to release their juices while continually stirring the mixture to combine, for 4-5 minutes.
- Once honey is completely melted and the mixture starts to thicken, remove from heat and set aside.
- When cook time on Instapot is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine mesh strainer. Pour the reserved liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher and sweeten with the blackberry honey simple syrup, to taste. Add fresh lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately over ice with fresh blackberries and a sprig of fresh basil for garnish (if desired).