Rice is nice for an everyday meal. But this recipe’s a great way to enjoy a side dish that’ll enhance the flavors of anything you put with it!
- 5 cups organic chicken stock, divided & heated
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small organic onion, chopped
- 3 organic cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free Arborio rice
- Organic chicken stock
- Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
- Organic black pepper
- Organic fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, heat chicken stock over medium heat.
- In a Dutch oven (or other oven-proof pan with a fitted lid), melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add chopped onion & sauté until translucent over medium heat, 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic & white wine. Cook for 2 minutes to dissipate the raw wine taste.
- Add rice & stir with wooden spoon until coated with liquid from pan. Add 4 cups of chicken stock & cover with a tight fitting lid. Pop in oven & check after 30 minutes. If a lot of liquid remains, continue cooking in 5 minute increments until excess liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from oven & stir in the remaining cup of stock, Parmesan cheese & butter. Stir vigorously until a creamy consistency is achieved. Season with salt & pepper (to taste). Gently stir fresh parsley in for added flavor & color.
- Pairs beautifully with oven roasted vegetables drizzled with organic extra virgin olive oil & roasted chicken or beef.