You’ll never want to eat Brussels sprouts, cooked any other way, after you’ve tried them this way! The combo of sweet & savory components makes it *the* perfect complement for a wide range of main dishes.
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. small Brussels sprouts, rinsed & cut in half
- 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. real maple syrup
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron (or other oven-safe skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts to skillet and season with salt and pepper (to taste). Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts begin to turn brown.
- Once browned, transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove sprouts from oven once they are tender and start to turn a rich brown color.
- While the sprouts are roasting, add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to a small skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to medium. Continue stirring until the vinegar mixture reduces to about 1/3 of its original volume and becomes thick and syrupy. (Do not overcook or it will become too hard and sticky).
- To serve, transfer Brussels sprouts to a plate and drizzle lightly with balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper (if desired) and enjoy immediately with Pork Chops with Maple Balsamic Vinegar Glaze or other entrée of your choice.