One word: AMAZING! You need to close your eyes when you take the first bite so that you can savor the flavors as you let them in your mouth! Not only are there only a handful of ingredients that make up this recipe but it only takes about 20 minutes to make!
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 – 4 oz. boneless pork chops
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 T. real maple syrup
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-duty skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops on each side with salt and pepper (to taste) and add to the preheated skillet.
- Brown pork chops on each side, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove pork chops from pan and set aside on a rimmed dish.
- Add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to hot skillet and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and cook mixture until it is reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume. When ready, the glaze will become thick and syrupy. (Do not overcook or the mixture will become hard and sticky).
- Return the pork chops to the skillet along with the juices that collected on the plate. Stir liquid to blend juices into the syrup and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer chops to a serving platter or individual serving plates and drizzle with pan sauce. Serve immediately with Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar Glaze or your choice of sides.