A quick flip through the pages of this elegantly designed cookbook will convince you that eating healthy, wholesome food doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice pleasure or flavor, and that making delicious food from scratch doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, you’ll probably find that eating healthy is quite fun and rewarding! Every recipe in the book is brilliantly illustrated, and the photos won’t fail to make your mouth water.
Whether you are just starting to explore the Paleo lifestyle or have long mastered the art of following its guidelines, this book will inspire you with:
- More than 150 grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free recipes explained by a real person, in a real kitchen, using nothing but real, unprocessed food.
- Flavorful, quick, and easy everyday dishes that will please the entire family without requiring hours in the kitchen—from main dishes, such as Shepherd’s Pie and Maple Balsamic Pulled Pork, to make-ahead sides and salads to last you all week, to yummy appetizers, including Sonia’s unique take on Prosciutto e Melone, as well as several soul-warming soups and stocks.
- Easy recipes to help you stay away from junk-filled store-bought condiments, such as salad dressings, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, and spice mixes.
- An entire section dedicated to homemade nut butters, complete with useful tips and a troubleshooting guide. You’ll soon be making your very own nut butters at home, from the very basics, like raw cashew butter, to crazy-intricate flavor creations, like Smoky Bacon, Dark Chocolate, and Toasted Almond.
- Totally refined sugar–free desserts and indulgences that use nothing but natural sugars such as maple syrup, honey, and dried fruit. You will even learn how to make your own naturally sweetened chocolate chips.
- Several useful guides to help you stock your kitchen with Paleo-approved ingredients and indispensable kitchen tools.
If you are a down-to-earth cook switching to a Paleo lifestyle, you will be please with this cookbook. Paleo Home Cooking has everything that you are looking for to help you live a gluten-free lifestyle without giving up flavorful meals. You will find a wide variety of recipes from appetizers to soups and salads to main dishes to desserts. Sonia covers it all. She also has a good section on “The Basics” to get your started. I own a lot of Paleo cookbooks, yet most of her recipes were very unique. I especially enjoyed the section she has on nut butters. She dedicated an entire chapter to making a variety of amazing nut and seed butters right in your own kitchen. I would purchase this book for that chapter alone. It is that good. This is a cookbook you will refer to again and again.
~Reviewed by Allie B.