- Over 150 Paleo-friendly recipes inspired by the relaxed coastal attitude and ingredients of the Mediterranean – all gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, and dairy-free.
- Chef’s tips from Nabil help you learn as you go, with advice on cooking and techniques for Mediterranean ingredients
- Nutritionist’s tips from Caitlin to educate you on the health benefits of Mediterranean foods
- Familiar, comfort-food favorites are modified for a Paleo lifestyle, including pizza, pasta, rice, biscuits, and brownies
- Mediterranean recipe favorites, recreated including: falafel, pita bread, moussaka, hummus, and biscotti cookies.
- Recipe/ingredient notes and swaps for those who have food allergies (including to eggs and nuts) as well as for those following a low FODMAP diet, lower carbohydrate diet, SCD or GAPS diet, or the autoimmune protocol
- Two 30-day meal plans to help you jump-start your Paleo lifestyle: for general health or to follow an autoimmune protocol
- six different menu plans perfect for a weeknight dinner party or special occasion (including one that is 100% AIP compliant or is easily modified to be so with notes on the recipes)
- 18 guilt-free desserts with no refined sugar
- Shopping lists and an optimal food buying guide make it easy to find the right ingredients
The photography is very well done and the recipes are absolutely delicious. There is something for everyone’s taste.
This is a beautiful, functional cookbook will help you make changes to improve your health.
~Reviewed by Rosie B.