Vegetable Soup Made in an Instapot
Delectable? I think YES! Divine? I think YES! This soup can be adapted in so many different ways, depending on what vegetables you have on hand, or what veggies are in season!
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large stalks celery, chopped
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 6 vegetable broth (organic if you can find/afford it)
- 1 lb. red potatoes, quartered
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 c. baby kale, roughly chopped
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to Instapot and select the “Sauté” function. Add garlic, celery, carrots, red onion, garlic powder & chili powder. Season with salt and black pepper (to taste) and stir to combine.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until fragrant & vegetables start to turn golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add broth & stir to combine. Be sure to scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pot in the process. Turn the unit off.
- Add potatoes, bay leaves & chopped tomatoes to the pot. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 3 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and discard the bay leaves. Stir in baby kale and lime juice & season with additional salt and black pepper (if desired). Stir to combine & serve immediately.
- Savor the flavors!