When paired with the Chinese Dipping Sauce these Vegan Egg Rolls are the perfect appetizers! Or you could eat them as a side with Chinese Friend Rice! Also goes well with Chicken or Pork Stuffed Fried Wontons, or even Crab Rangoon!
- 12 to 14 Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free Coconut Wraps
- Organic peanut oil for baking sheet
- 1/2 lb. of tofu, crumbled
- 3 c. organic cabbage, shredded
- 2 organic carrots, cut in julienne strips
- 1/2 c. to 1 c. organic bean sprouts
- Chinese Dipping Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Steam tofu cabbage & carrots together in one pot. Put the tofu in first so it’s at the bottom of the pot.
- Stem them for about 10 minutes & then remove them from the heat.
- In the center of one of the coconut wrappers put approximately 2 T. of the steamed mixture & a few uncooked bean sprouts on it.
- Fold the edges in a little, then roll them tightly, into a cigar shape.
- Seal the edge with a little water.
- Then place the egg roll on a generously oiled baking sheet. Roll the egg rolls in the oil so it coats all of their surfaces.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until they’re brown & crispy.
- Serve with Chinese Dipping Sauce.