The best time to make this recipe is at the height of summer when there are plenty of fresh tomatoes available. This recipe tastes even better the following day after the flavors have a chance to meld together.
- 4 medium-size ripe tomatoes, cored and seeded
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Juice from 1 fresh lime (about ¼ cup), divided (or organic lime juice)
- 1 to 2 T. fresh cilantro, stems removed & finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut 3 of the tomatoes into quarters & place in blender or food processor. Add garlic cloves and half of the lime juice. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Dice remaining tomato into evenly sized small pieces. Stir into tomato garlic mixture to create a chunkier texture. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro (adjust according to personal preference).
- Add remaining lime then season with salt & pepper (to taste). Serve with your favorite Mexican entrée or by itself with crispy organic & gluten free tortilla chips.