The cherries in this recipe not only add a little sweet to the vegetables but they are a good source of the vitamins needed in a daily diet.
- 2 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fill a medium saucepan with water. Place over high heat and bring to a rapid boil. Add the sugar snap peas and blanch 1 minute. Remove from heat and rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well.
- Place the drained sugar snap peas in a large mixing bowl. Add the cherries, cucumbers and radishes and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl pour both vinegar’s together. Add the sesame oil. Stir slightly to combine. Stir in the sesame seeds. Sprinkle in the pepper and stir well.
- Pour over the top of the vegetables and cherries. Cover tightly and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Stir to combine the flavors before serving.