The cherries in this recipe not only add a little sweet to the vegetables but they are a good source of the vitamins needed in a daily diet.
- 2 cups fresh organic sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 cup organic sugar snap peas
- 1 organic cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup organic radishes, sliced
- 2 T. organic white wine vinegar
- 1 T. organic Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. organic toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 tsp. organic pepper
- Fill a medium saucepan with water. Place over high heat and bring to a rapid boil. Add the sugar snap peas & blanch 1 minute. Remove from heat & rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well.
- Place the drained sugar snap peas in a large mixing bowl. Add the cherries, cucumbers & radishes & toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl pour both vinegar’s together. Add the sesame oil. Stir slightly to combine. Stir in the sesame seeds. Sprinkle in the pepper & stir well.
- Pour over the top of the vegetables and cherries. Cover tightly & refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Stir to combine the flavors before serving.