This dish isn’t just for those in the North Pole! They’re perfect as a side dish to just about any type of meat or fish that you’re serving! Or you could add a protein to them, such as precooked chicken or ham, so that you only have to clean up one single dish!
8 red potatoes, sliced
2 large sweet onions, sliced
1/2 cup butter, sliced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl mix sliced potatoes, sliced onions, butter and garlic salt together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a large casserole dish.
- Place potato mixture in casserole.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and remove aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven, uncovered and continue baking until cheese has melted and potatoes are fork tender, approximately 10 minutes.