This tasty dish is made in a single pan & only takes about a half hour to make! The perfect supper for those on the go!
- 4 boneless pork chops, approximately 1” thick
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. organic extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 to 3 cloves of fresh garlic, finely minced
- 12 oz. fresh spinach, rinsed & dried
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened & divided
- 2 T. sour cream
- 1 c. organic, sugar-free chicken broth
- Cut each pork chop with a sharp knife along one side to form a pocket. Be careful so you don’t cut all the way through. Season each side with salt & black pepper (to taste) & set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil & garlic over medium heat in a large, high-sided skillet. Cook until garlic turns fragrant & golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Working in batches if necessary. Add fresh spinach to the skillet & cook until it wilts, stirring constantly.
- Add 3 ounces of the cream cheese & sour cream to the skillet. Stir until spinach is coated & the cheese is completely melted. Season with salt and black pepper (to taste) & remove from heat. Let cool slightly before stuffing each pork chop with an equal amount of the spinach mixture, removing all of the spinach mixture from the pan in the process.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to the same skillet & heat over medium-high heat. Add stuffed pork chops to hot skillet and cook approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side or until pork is browned and cooked through. Remove pork chops from skillet & transfer to a serving dish. Cover with foil to keep warm & set aside.
- Add chicken broth & remaining cream cheese to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat. Scrape up brown bits from bottom of the pan while stirring to incorporate the cream cheese into the sauce. Continue cooking until sauce is reduced by one-half, approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat & season with additional salt and black pepper (if desired).
- To serve, spoon some pan sauce over each stuffed pork chop & serve immediately.