Forget the freezer kind of egg rolls. Have you read all of the ingredients that are in them? It’s not too difficult to make your own & they’re much better for you!
Makes 6 Egg Rolls
- 4 c. organic cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 c. organic carrots, grated
- 1 small organic onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. organic seasoned sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. organic black pepper
- 6 gluten free egg roll wrappers
- 2 organic egg whites, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with organic extra virgin olive cooking spray.
- Brown & simmer cabbage, carrot, onion & seasonings for 1 to 2 minutes.
- After skillet becomes dry, add water. Then stir & simmer until vegetables are still a little crunchy & not limp. Do not overcook!
- Remove from the heat & let them cool for a short time.
- Dip one side of the egg roll wrapper in the egg whites. This will be on the outside of the egg roll.
- Place 1/3 to 1/2 of a cup of the cabbage mixture, just below the center of the egg roll wrapper & roll it up so it looks like an egg roll. Follow the directions on the egg roll wrapper, if necessary.
- Place on a baking sheet that’s prepared by spraying it with organic extra virgin olive cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the egg rolls are golden brown.