Easy Potato & Leek Soup
You’re going to love the addition to leeks to this potato soup recipe! It has so many vegetables in it, it’s almost a stew, instead of a soup!
This recipe has been adapted from Jamie Oliver (http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/leek-and-potato-soup), but the measurements and ingredients have been varied.
- 2 T. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 2 to 3 leeks, cut lengthwise, then rinsed & sliced
- 4 to 5 medium russet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 7 to 8 cups of organic vegetable broth
- A handful of fresh spinach or other leafy greens, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large & heavy soup pot over medium high heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, onions, cauliflower & garlic.
- Stir to coat with olive oil.
- Jamie Oliver recommends putting the lid on askew & letting the ingredients cook for about 10 minutes this way.
- After it’s cooked, add salt & pepper (to taste)