Chicken Enchilada Casserole
This is a great casserole to make ahead & then just cook when you’re ready to eat it. Or you can cook it ahead of time & just preheat it whenever you want to eat it. Woo Hoo!
Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- 9 – 6 inch gluten free & organic corn tortillas
- 2 c. frozen corn with poblano peppers, drained
- 2 to 3 c. of cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken is great in this recipe!), diced
- 1 tsp. organic chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. organic Kosher salt
- 1 – 4 oz. can of mild green chilies, chopped
- 2 c. shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 – 10 oz. cans of organic enchilada sauce
- 1 – 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed & drained
- Guacamole (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place 3 tortillas in the bottom. Top with the corn, half of the chicken, half of the seasonings & half of the chilies.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese & top with 3/4 c. of the enchilada sauce.
- Repeat with 3 more tortillas, the black beans, remaining chicken, seasonings, chilies & cheese.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Cover & cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve with Guacamole & Sour Cream (optional).