Using an Instapot makes these Buffalo Wings an easy meal to make. And buying already trimmed wings makes them even easier!
- 4 – 4 1/2 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 tsp. garlic powder, divided
- 1 c. water
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sliced celery, for serving (optional)
Buffalo Wing Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 c. hot sauce (your choice)
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- Sprinkle wings with the garlic powder and season with salt & black pepper (to taste). Place metal trivet inside Instapot & add one cup of water. Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet before securing the cover in place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” & adjust the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
- While the wings cook, whisk the hot sauce, melted butter & remaining garlic powder in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- When the wings are done cooking, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam.
- Carefully remove the lid & transfer wings to a large bowl. Set aside until just cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, position top oven rack in the top position and preheat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the buffalo sauce on top of the wings and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the wings start to get crispy and develop some color. Turn the wings and repeat this process.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and toss the wings with half of the remaining buffalo sauce.
- Serve immediately with sliced celery (optional) and the remaining sauce on the side for dipping.