Breakfast, brunch, lunch or supper. You can eat this recipe any time of the day! The basic ingredients are expected but it’s the herbs & spices that really *make* this casserole the best of the best!
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 c. broccoli florets
- 1 c. sharp cheddar & Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon (pork or turkey), cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F & spray an 8” x 8” casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli & water & cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or just until the broccoli softens slightly & turns bright green.
- Remove from heat & transfer broccoli to prepared casserole dish & spread into a uniform layer. Top with shredded cheese & crumbled bacon & side aside.
- Whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme & oregano. Season with salt & black pepper (to taste). Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli, cheddar, and bacon & bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the casserole is set and lightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately.