A slider without a bun? Yep! They’re completely unnecessary! Between the bacon, bleu cheese & sautéed mushrooms…you’ll want to grab a napkin…to dry your tears from the mouth-watering goodness from the very first bite!
- 1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 2 tsp. Dijon™ mustard
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 T. white onion, finely minced
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 oz. bleu cheese, crumbled
- 3 strips bacon (pork or turkey), cooked & cut into thirds
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven broiler to high and set top oven rack to the second highest setting.
- Add ground beef, mustard, garlic & onion to a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper (to taste) & mix with a fork or your fingers until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Divide beef mixture into 8 portions & shape each into small patties. Set patties on a plate and gently press each with your thumb in the center to keep them from puffing up while cooking. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, oven-safe skillet. Add mushrooms & cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are nicely browned, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat & transfer mushrooms to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to pan & swirl to coat the bottom. Add slider patties to the skillet & cook until brown on each side, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and top each slider with sautéed mushrooms & crumbled blue cheese. Place skillet in oven under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, or until blue cheese starts to melt.
- Remove skillet from oven & top each slider with a piece of bacon and serve immediately on a bed of lettuce and with a side of steamed broccoli (if desired).