There’s nothing finer than having a piece of warm coffee cake with a cup of coffee or tea! This recipe is one of the best for such an occasion!
Yields 8 slices
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 c. organic vegetable oil
- 1/2 c.water
- 2 tsp. organic & gluten free pistachio extract
- 1 c. vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 T. low carb high gluten flour (or gluten free & organic bread flour)
- 1 T. organic & gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 c. gluten free toasted oat flour (or almond flour or coconut flour)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 c. Swerve
- 2 T. organic & gluten free pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine eggs, oil, water & extract together until combined.
- Add whey powder, gluten flour (or bread flour), oat flour (or coconut flour or almond flour), baking powder, salt & Stevia. Mix until blended.
- Pour into a greased 8″ cake pan. Sprinkle the top with the nuts.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted into the center of them comes out clean.
- Cut into 8 pieces.
Note: Each slice has 5 carbs & 14 proteins each