Bresaola is an air dried, salted beef that has been aged two or three months until it becomes hard & turns a dark red (almost purple) color. It’s made from top round steak. It’s extremely lean & tender. And tastes great!
Yields 4 servings
- 1 oz. bresaola, sliced
- 4 cultivated mushrooms of your choice (button, portobella, etc.), chopped
- 2/3 c. organic walnuts, chopped
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & organic black pepper, to taste
- On a large plate, lay the bresaola, overlapping them to cover the plate.
- Top it with the mushrooms.
- Then sprinkle the walnuts over the bresoala & mushrooms.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper (to taste).
Note: You can usually find bresaola in most specialty food stores.