- 1 lg. eggplant, pared & sliced into 1/4″ thick pieces
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. gluten free bread crumbs
- 3/4 c. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. organic dried oregano
- 1/2 lb. sliced mozzarella cheese
- 3 – 8 oz. cans of organic tomato sauce
- Dip eggplant in beaten eggs & then in the gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Sauté in oil until brown on both sides.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish & layer 1/3 each of eggplant, Parmesan cheese, oregano & mozzarella cheese.
- Cover well with half of the tomato sauce. Repeat the layers twice, ending with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.