This is a wonderful recipe! Doesn’t matter if you eat it with spaghetti, ravioli, or any other Italian supper. It’s going to fill you up & make you want more!
- 8 slices of Italian bread (like Tuscan or Ciabatta)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, cut in half
- 2 T. onion, minced
- 1 tsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lg. organic tomato, diced
- 1 tsp. organic dried oregano
- 1 tsp. freshly ground organic ground pepper
- 2 tsp. Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Toast the bread, either on a grill, or in the oven.
- While the bread is hot, rub one side of it with the garlic.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onion in the organic extra virgin olive oil until it’s tender.
- Add the tomato, organic oregano & freshly ground organic pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the garlic side of the hot toast.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese (optional) & broil on high for 1 minute. Watch it closely so the tomato mixture doesn’t burn!
- Serve it immediately while it’s hot.