You don’t need to add any sides to this recipe! Unless you want to serve some Egg Rolls as an appetizer with them!
- 2 lbs. of lean pork shoulder, cut into strips
- 1 organic green bell pepper, seeded & cut into strips
- 1/2 med. organic onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar (or gluten free & organic brown sugar substitute)
- 2 T. organic cornstarch
- 2 c. pineapple chunks (reserve the juice)
- 1/4 c. organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 T. gluten free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Chow mien noodles or gluten free brown rice
- Place pork strips in the bottom of a crockpot or slow cooker.
- Add bell pepper & onion.
- In a bowl mix the sugar (or gluten free & organic brown sugar substitute) & cornstarch together.
- Then add 1 c. of the reserved pineapple juice to it. Along with the vinegar, water, soy sauce & salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over the meat & vegetables.
- Cover & cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- One hour before serving, add the pineapple chunks & stir.
- Serve over gluten free chow mien noodles or gluten free brown rice.