Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it! What a great recipe! And since it’s made in a single skillet it’ll keep you from having to wash a half-dozen pans!
Yields 6 servings
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey
2 c. Tomato Salsa
- 1 – 15 oz. can of organic whole kernel corn, drained. Or 2 c. frozen organic corn
- 1 – 15 oz. can of organic Navy or organic pinto beans, drained
- 5 gluten free tortillas
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 organic green onions, diced
- Organic black olives (optional)
- Organic cilantro leaves (optional garnish)
- In a 12-inch skillet, brown the meat & drain.
- Add salsa, corn & beans.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes until heated thoroughly.
- Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, dice the tortillas into 2-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle the tortillas strips on top of the meat mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with a spoonful of sour cream, a tsp. of green onions, some cilantro leaves & black olives (if desired).