These butternut squash noodles can be purchased at your favorite market or you can make your own if you have a vegetable spiralizer.
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c. prepackaged butternut squash noodles (or make your own if you have a spirilizer)
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 T. fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add butternut squash noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently to ensure they cook evenly. When noodles are slightly softened, remove from pan and set aside. Keep warm.
- Add butter to pan and heat until melted. Stir in chopped sage and cinnamon and cook until fragrant, approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return butternut squash noodles to pan and toss to coat in sage butter mixture. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with your favorite entrée or as a light main course.