Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
This is a one-pot supper dish that is sure to please everyone around your table! It’s a healthy take on a classic Italian dish & is exquisite!
- 3 T. Organic extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 T. Organic Italian seasoning, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- 1/2 c. multi-colored cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Sprigs of fresh basil (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil & sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt & black pepper (to taste) & transfer to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat & add butter, chicken broth & cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese & sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes & remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper (if desired).
- Transfer skillet into preheated oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through & the Mozzarella is melted.
- Remove from oven & allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs (if desired).
- Serve immediately with Cauliflower au Gratin Loaded! for a complete Low-Carb & Gluten Free meal or your choice of sides.