Nom, nom, nom! Whenever you serve this recipe, close your eyes & just smell it. Let your nose be the first judge of the dish. Because once you start eating it, it’ll be gone lickedy split!
- 4 c. cauliflower florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 3 T. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp. organic garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 c. Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 4 strips bacon (pork or turkey), cooked and crumbled
- 1 T. fresh chives, chopped
- Place top oven rack in the center position & preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket on top of a pot with boiling water & steam until fork-tender, around 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat & transfer cauliflower into a cold water bath to prevent further cooking. Drain well & pat dry.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a large bowl & add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder & dried dill.
- Season with salt & black pepper (to taste) & toss to combine.
- Transfer to oven safe casserole dish & top with shredded cheese blend and crumbled bacon. Place in preheated oven & roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven & serve immediately topped with fresh chives.