Grilled Pita & Carrot Sticks
If you’ve never grilled pita bread you’re in for a real treat! And when you add the Chickpea & Cilantro Dip to this recipe the flavors will rule the day!
- 2 gluten free pita loaves with pockets, split horizontally
- 1/2 lb. organic carrots, trimmed & cut into sticks
- Chickpea & Cilantro Dip
- Prepare the grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open the vents on the bottom of the grill & on the lid.
- When the fire’s hot (i.e. you can hold your hand 5″ above the rack for 1 to 2 seconds), grill the pitas on lightly oiled grill rack with extra virgin olive oil spray.
- Grill them uncovered, turning them once, until golden brown. About 2 minutes total.
- Serve them with the carrot sticks & additional Chickpea & Cilantro Dip (if desired).