Who doesn’t love this classic salad? Well, we’ve got news for you. The glaze that goes over the tomatoes, cheese & basil will knock your socks off! It’s incredible!
- 4 large organic ripe tomatoes
- 12 oz. fresh mozzarella (large ball)
- 1 large bunch of fresh organic basil, washed & dried
- 3 T. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Thoroughly wash & pat tomatoes and fresh basil dry.
- Slice tomatoes, working from top to bottom, into evenly sized slices approximately 1/4” thick, set aside. Discard the bottom and top slices.
- Cut fresh mozzarella into 1/4” thick slices, too.
- On each plate, start with a tomato slice, followed by mozzarella & a large, fresh basil leaf.
- Repeat this pattern until you’ve added 1 tomato and approximately 3 oz. of mozzarella to each plate, finishing each arrangement with a tomato slice.
- Drizzle with organic extra virgin olive oil & then with the Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- Season with sea salt & freshly grated organic black pepper (to taste).
- Garnish with extra organic fresh basil leaves (if desired).