This savory dip is the ideal recipe to make for a party! It’s packed with flavors that are intense & quite satisfying to the most discernible eaters!
Yield: 6 servings
Seasoned Pita Chips:
White Bean Dip:
- 1 – 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 cloves fresh organic garlic, peeled
- 2 T. fresh organic lemon juice
- 2 to 3 large fresh organic sage leaves
- 1/3 c. plus 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & organic black pepper, to taste
- Dash organic cayenne pepper
Note: A little bit of fresh sage goes a long way. If you aren’t sure how much to use, start with a small amount. Then taste and add more, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut each pita into 8 equal-sized wedges. Lightly brush pita wedges with olive oil on both sides & place on lined baking sheet.
- Season pita with salt & pepper before placing in oven. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes before turning each wedge. Return to oven & continue baking for another 5 or 6 minutes, or until pita wedges are golden brown. Remove from oven & set aside.
- Add cannellini beans, fresh garlic, lemon juice, sage leaves & olive oil to a food processor or blender & blend until smooth.
- Pour bean mixture into a serving bowl, then season with salt & pepper (to taste). Right before serving, add a dash of cayenne pepper & a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve with seasoned pita chips or vegetable crudités.