What a great way to combine the flavors of the fall veggies! This recipe’s super simple to make but you won’t regret it after you take your first bite!
Yields 6 servings
- 2 c. organic broccoli florets
- 1 lg. organic red bell pepper, cut into 1″ squares
- 1 c. organic turnip, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/2 c. organic onion, diced
- 1 T. organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. organic chicken broth (or water)
- 4 sprigs of fresh organic thyme (or 1/4 tsp. of organic thyme)
- Sea salt & organic black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a shallow but heavy roasting pan combine the broccoli, red bell pepper, turnip & onion.
- Whisk together the vinegar & oil then pour over the veggies. Tossing all to coat.
- Pour chicken broth (or water) around all the veggies.
- Add the sprigs of thyme (or the organic thyme).
- Roast the veggies for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove from the oven then sprinkle with salt & pepper (to taste).
Serving size = 1/2 cup of veggies: Carbs 4g | Protein 2g