Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
Looking for a non-dairy alternative to nacho cheese? You will find this surprisingly satisfying.
- 2 medium organic potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 3 large organic carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- 1/2 cup organic nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 T. 100% lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 4 oz. can diced jalapeño peppers, drained (optional)
- Steam potatoes & carrots together until soft.
- Blend potatoes & carrots with remaining ingredients in blender until smooth & creamy, except peppers.
- Stir in peppers & enjoy as a sauce or dip for chips.