Once the flavors start to meld together, you won’t be able to stay in the kitchen, because they’ll smell too good! This recipe’s easy to make & will “Wow” you when you sit down to eat it!
- 4 to 6 pork shoulder steaks
- 1 T. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 – 15 oz. can of crushed pineapple
- 1/2 c. organic green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar (or gluten free & organic brown sugar substitute)
- 2 T. no sugar ketchup
- 1 T. quick cooking tapioca
- 3 tsp. gluten free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/2 tsp. organic dry mustard
- Cooked rice (your choice)
- In a skillet brown the steaks in the extra virgin olive oil. Then drain the excess oil from the pan.
- Transfer the steaks to a crockpot or slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine the pineapple, peppers, water, sugar, ketchup, tapioca, soy sauce (or coconut aminos) & mustard. Then pour it over the steaks.
- Cover & cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve over your choice of rice. Such as gluten free Arborio rice or gluten free wild rice.