This is a great recipe! It goes with just about anything you make! From dumplings to meat or you can just eat it by itself. If you’ve never tried it, it’s a delightful explosion of flavor, on your palate!
- 1/2 T. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can of sauerkraut, drained
- 1/4 cup sugar (or Monk fruit sweetener)
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy pan over medium heat. Add the onion & sauté until it’s translucent & soft.
- Then add the sauerkraut, sugar & caraway seeds. Stir & bring a simmer.
- Once it begins to simmer, reduce the temperature to medium-low, cover the pan and let cook for about 20 minutes.