Why have a steak and a side salad, when you can combine the two, for a mouth watering and sensory pleasurable meal?!!
- 1 3/4 pounds of beef sirloin steak
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup of red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup of pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- Preheat grill for high heat. Lightly oil grate.
- Place steak on grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until desired cooking is reached (read: rare, medium rare, etc.).
- Remove from heat and let it sit until cool enough to handle.
- Slice steak into bite size pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in the cheese. Cover and place dressing in the refrigerator.
- Onto chilled plates arrange the lettuce, tomato, pepper, onion and olives.
- Top with steak and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve with crusty grilled French bread.