Southern Inspired Barbecued Pork
There’s some fabulous recipes, from the southern states of America, that require just a few ingredients to make a wonderful meal. This is one of those recipes!
- 2 organic onions, sliced
- 4 to 5 lb. pork roast or fresh picnic ham
- 5 to 6 organic cloves
- 2 c. water
- 1 lg. organic onion, chopped
- 1 – 18 oz. bottle of no sugar barbecue sauce
- Put half of the sliced onions in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Add the meat, cloves & water.
- Top with the remaining sliced onion.
- Cover & cook overnight on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove bone & fat from the meat.
- Put the meat back in the crockpot.
- Add the chopped onion & barbecue sauce.
- Cover & cook on low for 8 to 12 hours. Or on high for 3 to 5 hours. Stirring 2 or 3 times.
- Then shred the meat before serving. Although at this point, the meat should shred itself!