This recipe is for an appetizer & it’s a good one for that. But nobody says you can’t eat it as a meal & then it becomes a great one for that!
- 4 large organic portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 lb. medium-sized shrimp
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. organic onion, chopped
- 1 organic celery stalk, chopped
- 1 c. gluten free Panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 c. organic, sugar free & gluten free chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse mushrooms in cold water & pat dry. Remove & chop mushroom stems. Set aside mushroom caps.
- Peel, clean & chop shrimp.
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed skillet on medium heat. Add chopped mushroom stems, onion & celery.
- When onion is translucent, add the shrimp.
- Remove from the heat when the shrimp begins to turn pink (no longer than 3 min.).
- Add Panko bread crumbs & stir to coat. Remove from the heat.
- Stuff mushroom caps with the stem & shrimp mixture.
- Place in a shallow baking dish & sprinkle with the chicken broth. Add the remaining broth to the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 min. or until the broth just starts to bubble.
- Serve while still hot.