Shrimp Bayou with Wild Rice
Amazing! Astounding! Surprising! Insert any adjective you’d like to & it’ll fit this recipe! It tastes soooo good & is good for you too!
Yields 4-6 servings
- 1 – 6 oz. pkg. of Gluten Free & Keto Wild Rice
- 1 T. butter (or Lactose Free, Keto & Paleo Ghee), melted
- 1 T. flour (or coconut flour or almond flour)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. organic black pepper
- 3/4 c. milk (or almond milk)
- 3 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 15 oz. can of organic asparagus spears, drained (or 10 fresh organic spears, chopped)
- 1 lb. cooked cocktail shrimp
- 1 – 8 oz. can of organic sliced mushrooms
- Organic green onions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Cook rice according to the package instructions.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter (or Ghee) over low heat. Then mix in the flour, salt & pepper.
- When bubbly, stir in the milk & cook over medium heat. Stirring constantly with a whisk until thickened. Then add the cream cheese & whip some more until it’s melted & smooth.
- Cook asparagus until it’s tender.
- Place it in a casserole dish sprayed with extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix the shrimp & mushrooms with the rice. Then spoon it all over the asparagus. Top it with the sauce.
- Bake it for 20 minutes.