If you’re a fan of sauerkraut then this casserole’s one of the best! The flavors are strong & they meld together quite nicely! As an added bonus you’re cooking it in a crockpot so there’s little to no mess!
- 3 strips of gluten free bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 T. flour (or almond flour or coconut flour)
- 2 – 16 oz. cans/jars of gluten free sauerkraut
- 2 small organic potatoes, cubed
- 2 small organic apples, sliced
- 3 T. gluten free & organic brown sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 tsp. organic caraway seeds
- 3 lbs. Polish sausage, sliced
- 1/2 c. water
- Fry bacon until crisp, remove from skillet & put it on a plate with a paper towel to soak up the excess grease.
- Add flour to the bacon drippings leftover in the skillet & blend well.
- Stir in sauerkraut & mix well.
- Place sauerkraut & bacon in a crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients then stir together thoroughly.
- Cover & cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Or on high for 3 to 4 hours.