Looking for a high fiber side dish with to complement your main course? This soup fits the bill!
- 1 lb. dried black beans (or other beans your choice)
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tsp. dried organic basil
- 1 tsp. dried organic marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups red potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 – 12 oz. can stewed tomatoes
- Place black beans into a bowl, cover completely with water to about 2 inches above the beans and leave overnight. Then drain.
- Add beans to large crockpot, add 8 cups of water and remaining ingredients. Cover with lid and simmer for about 2 1/2 hours on low temperature or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot with a crusty French bread.