If you’re craving a pizza, but not all the carbs that are in the crust, then this recipe’s for you!
- 4 large organic portobello mushrooms (should equal 1 lb.)
- 1 small to medium organic sweet onion, sliced
- 1 organic shallot, sliced
- 1/2 c. organic small tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 lb. smoked Most Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. organic oregano
- 1/2 tsp. organic basil
- 1/2 tsp. organic black pepper
- 1 T. organic fresh organic basil, chopped (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Quickly wash & dry the mushrooms. Then remove their stems.
- Place them gill side up on a wire wrack that’s been sprayed with extra virgin olive oil.
- Using a high sided cast iron skillet cook onions & shallots in olive oil until soft.
- Add seasonings & cook for about 10 minutes.
- Spread seasoning mixture into the mushrooms.
- Next add the grated Most Gouda cheese.
- Top with the tomatoes & fresh basil (optional).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted but not turning brown.