You’d probably never put these two delicious produce items together, but until you’ve tried them, you don’t know what you’re missing!
- 1 lb. turnip’s
- 3 pear’s
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup walnut halves
- Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Peel the turnip’s and cut them into half lengthwise. Then cut them into 1/4 inch thick slice’s.
- Cut the pear’s into half, core them. And, like the turnip’s, slice them into 1/4 inch thick slice’s.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter and fry the turnip’s until tender and crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Add the pear slice’s and shallot and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the walnut halves and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper and add the lemon juice. Toss well.
- Sprinkle with the fresh parsley and serve immediately with any meat dish.