Peanut Chicken Skillet
Are you craving Chinese food, but don’t want all the fat and MSG? Try this gluten free and low carb Peanut Chicken Skillet recipe instead.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into tender sizes pieces (I cut mine into bite sized chunks)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper (about 3.5 oz), julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Season the chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and sear for 5-10 minutes, browning on both sides.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the red peppers and garlic to the skillet.
- Saute for an additional 5 minutes. (Be careful not to scorch the garlic)
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken stock, peanut butter, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour sauce into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low and let simmer, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Plate it and sprinkle green onions over top before serving.