Remember Grandma making oatmeal cookies way back when? These are much like her recipe except they’re gluten free & you might like them more than Grandma’s!
Yields 48 cookies
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 c. brown sugar, packed (or gluten free & organic brown sugar substitute)
- 1 tsp. organic cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. organic nutmeg
- 4 c. gluten free oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray two cookie sheets with gluten free grapeseed spray & set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl stir the applesauce, brown sugar (or gluten free & organic brown sugar substitute), cinnamon & nutmeg together until well blended.
- Gradually stir in the oatmeal until well blended together.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool a few minutes on the cookie sheet & then transfer to a cookie cooling rack.