Low Carb & Gluten Free Bagels
This six ingredient recipe is simple to make and delicious to eat!
Makes 3 decent sized bagels
3 carbs each bagel
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 T. butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or garlic or onion salt or a mix of two or all three of them)
- 1 large egg (if you only have small eggs, use 1 1/2 or 2)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 T. cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix almond flour and salt. Add egg and mix by hand until it forms a dough. Set aside.
- Put cheese and cream cheese in a bowl. Microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until soft. Mix to form a dough.
- Add almond mixture and cheese mixture and knead for 2 minutes.
- Cut into 3 pieces. Can form bagels 2 ways:
- Form a rope and make a circle and put on pan.
- Form into a ball and flatten slightly then use a cookie cutter to form a hole.
- Use a donut pan.
- Melt butter and brush tops of bagels with butter. Can salt or add sesame seeds or spices, if wanted.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and cut in half. Can toast halves in toaster or on stove in pan.